HARRISBURG – Sen. Doug Mastriano (R-33) will host a Veterans Day Service Monday, Nov. 13, at noon in the Rotunda of the state Capitol, Harrisburg, where he also will highlight Pennsylvania’s 55 Congressional Medal of Honor recipients.
The Congressional Medal of Honor was created during the U.S. Civil War and serves as the country’s highest award for military valor in action. Mastriano serves as chairman of the Senate Veterans Affairs and Emergency Preparedness Committee and will be joined by one of Pennsylvania’s Medal of Honor recipients.
Participants will include:
- Col. Walter J. “Joe” Marm Jr., U.S. Army-retired, Medal of Honor recipient;
- Brig. Gen. Michael J. Regan Jr., deputy adjutant general—Air;
- Sen. Ryan Aument (R-36);
- Sen. Devlin Robinson (R-37);
- Rep. Jared Solomon (D-202);
- Rabbi Mitch Triestman, Sar Shalom Fellowship;
- Matthew Robinson to perform “The Star-Spangled Banner” and “God Bless America.”
Watch the service live at veterans.pasenategop.com.