HARRISBURG – The Senate and House Agriculture and Rural Affairs committees will host a joint informational meeting on Wednesday, Aug. 9, beginning at 10 a.m. at the Russell E. Larson Agricultural Research Center in the Red Barn Annex, 2710 W Pine Grove Rd. in Pennsylvania Furnace.
House committee leaders, Majority Chair Rep. Eddie Day Pashinski (D-121) and Republican Chair Rep. Dan Moul (R-91); and Senate committee leaders, Majority Chair Sen. Elder Vogel, Jr. (R-47) and Democratic Chair Sen. Judy Schwank (D-11), will be leading the discussion on the current 2023 Federal Farm Bill.
Informational meeting participants include:
- Congressman Glenn “GT” Thompson, Chairman of the House Committee on Agriculture.
- Richard Roush, Dean, Penn State University, College of Agricultural Sciences.
- Russell C. Redding, Secretary, Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture.
- Chris Hoffman, President, Pennsylvania Farm Bureau.
- Hannah Smith-Brubaker, Executive Director, PASA Sustainable Agriculture.
CONTACT: Abby Chiumento, 717-787-3076