HARRISBURG – The Senate Veterans Affairs and Emergency Preparedness Committee, chaired by Sen. Doug Mastriano (R-33), will hold a hearing Thursday, March 16, at 10 a.m., to hear from experts about issues related to military veteran suicide in Pennsylvania.
The hearing will take place at Chambersburg VFW Post 1599, 747 Fourth St., Chambersburg.
Participants will include:
- Chairman Mastriano,
- Other members of the Senate Veterans Affairs and Emergency Preparedness Committee,
- Retired Brig. Gen. Maureen Weigl, deputy adjutant general, Pennsylvania Department of Military and Veterans Affairs,
- Brig. Gen. Laura McHugh, deputy adjutant general, Pennsylvania National Guard,
- Justin Slep, director, Franklin County Veterans Affairs Office,
- Bruce Bartz, Bartz Brigade,
- Cindy McGrew, founder, Operation Second Chance,
- Dominique Brown, peer-to-peer support, Wounded Warrior Project,
- Elizabeth Cooper, veterans representative, PA CareerLink Franklin County,
- Mike Wargo, Gold Star father, and
- Sally Wargo, Gold Star mother.
Watch live at SenatorMastriano.com or Veterans.PaSenateGOP.com.
Media contact: Josh Herman