Senate Judiciary Committee
Monday, March 6, 2023 | 12 p.m.
Room 8E-B, East Wing
- Nomination of Michelle Henry as Pennsylvania Attorney General
Call to Order and Opening Statements:
Senator Lisa Baker, Majority Chair, Judiciary Committee
Senator Steven Santarsiero, Minority Chair, Judiciary Committee
Introduction and Swearing-In of the Nominee: Senator Baker
Michelle Henry, Acting Pennsylvania Attorney General
Questions and Comments:
Members of the Committee
Consideration of Nomination
- Senate Bill 169, P.N. 159 (Baker) – Amends Title 42 (Judiciary and Judicial Procedure) to provide for out-of-home placement disposition review hearings at 3-month intervals, rather than 9-month, as recommended by the Juvenile Justice Task Force.
- Senate Bill 170, P.N. 160 (Baker) – Amends Title 18 (Crimes and Offenses) to update and standardize the expungement of juvenile records as recommended by the Juvenile Justice Task Force.
- Senate Bill 267, P.N. 232 (Brooks) – Amends Titles 18 (Crimes and Offenses) and 23 (Domestic Relations) to add urgent care centers as a “safe haven” in Pennsylvania’s Newborn Protection Act.
- Senate Bill 371, P.N. 314 (Baker) – Amends Act 274 of 1978 (Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency Law) to establish the Indigent Defense Advisory Committee; establishes the Indigent Defense Grant Program and outlines the program’s operation.