HARRISBURG – Members of the Senate Local Government Committee and the Senate Health and Human Services Committee will take a closer look at Governor Wolf’s approach to reopening Pennsylvania during a joint hearing on Monday, May 4, beginning at 10 a.m.
Committee members and testifiers will participate remotely, and the hearing will be streamed live at www.pasenategop.com.
Committee chairs Senator Scott Martin (R-13) and Senator Michele Brooks (R-50) said the hearing would allow lawmakers to question members of the Wolf Administration, local government leaders and medical experts about the governor’s plans to open the state region-by-region over the next several weeks.
Testifiers scheduled to participate in the hearing include:
- Rachel Levine, Secretary, Department of Health.
- David Padfield, Director, Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency.
- Dennis Davin, Secretary, Department of Community and Economic Development.
- Lisa Schaefer, Executive Director, County Commissioners Association of Pennsylvania.
- Matt McConnell, Commissioner, Mercer County.
- Rob Shipp, Vice President, Hospital and Healthsystem Association of Pennsylvania.
- Michael Ripchinski, Chief Clinical Officer, Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health.
- Scott Jeffers, Vice President, Enterprise Operations, Quest Diagnostics.
- David Reiner, Senior Director, State Government Affairs, Quest Diagnostics.
Terry Trego (717) 397-1309 (Senator Martin)
Diane McNaughton (717) 787-1322 (Senator Brooks)