HARRISBURG — The Senate Veterans Affairs and Emergency Preparedness Committee, led by Sen. Lisa Baker (R-20), and the Senate Majority Policy Committee, led by Sen. Ted Erickson (R-26), will examine firefighter recruitment, retention, training and funding issues at a joint public hearing on Friday, Oct. 25 from 10:00 a.m. to 12 noon at the Adams County Emergency Services Facility, 230 Greenamyer Lane, in Gettysburg. Sen. Rich Alloway (R-33), Sen. Gene Yaw (R-23) and State Fire Commissioner Ed Mann will also participate.
Below is the agenda:
The Challenges of Firefighting Today
10:00 to 10:10 a.m.
- Sen. Lisa Baker, Chair, Senate Veterans Affairs and Emergency Preparedness Committee
- Sen. Ted Erickson, Chairman, Senate Majority Policy Committee
- Sen. Rich Alloway, Senator, 33rd Senatorial District
- Adams County Commissioner Randy L. Phiel
10:10 a.m. to 10:40 a.m.
John Senft, Chairman, Board of Governors, Fire Chiefs and Firefighters Association of York County, Retired Fire Chief for the City of York
- Robert Gordon, Adams County Council of Governments
- Ben Thomas, Cumberland Twp. Manager
- Ken Kime, President, Adams County Volunteer Emergency Services Association
- John Eline, Director, Adams County Emergency Management Agency
10:40 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Jane Hyde, Vice-President, Wellspan Gettysburg
- D. Robert Brady, Local Government Policy Specialist, Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development
11:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Don Konkle, Pennsylvania Fire and Emergency Services Institute
- William Jenaway, Chief, King of Prussia Fire Department
- Jerry Poland, Chief, Bonneauville Fire Department and Board Member, PFESI
- Jay Delaney, Chief, Wilkes-Barre Fire Department and PA Career Fire Chiefs Assn.
11:30 a.m. to 12 noon
State Fire Commissioner Ed Mann
MEDIA COVERAGE IS WELCOME.