Senate Education Committee
Monday, October 21, 2019 | 12:45 p.m.
Senate Rules Room
- House Bill 49 (Brown) – Allows students in public schools to apply financial literacy coursework towards graduation credits.
- Amendment A03271 (Langerholc) – Includes amendments to Act 67 to grant arrest powers to school resource officers and clarify employee training deadlines; extends the reporting date of the Public Higher Education Funding Commission to November 30, 2020; and, clarifies the eligibility for the fostering independence waiver program.
- Senate Bill 331 (Brooks) – Creates a pilot program for institutions of higher education to offer fire instruction courses to high school students.
- Amendment A03248 (Langerholc) – Technical amendment changing references of “vocational and technical” to “career and technical”.
- Senate Bill 836 (Regan) – Establishes Peyton’s Law which includes information on electrocardiogram testing for students participating in school athletics.
- Amendment A03275 (Langerholc) – Clarifies the cost of an electrocardiogram is to be covered by the student participant.