Senate Transportation Committee
Tuesday, June 16, 2015, at 9:30 a.m
North Office Building, Hearing Room 1
Committee Hearing (9:30 a.m.):
- Honorable Sean Logan, Chairman, Mark Compton, Chief Executive Officer, and Craig Shuey, Chief Operating Officer, will give testimony on the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission’s budget and program priorities.Testimony
Legislation (10:30 a.m. estimated):
- B. 474 (Rafferty): An Act amending the act of April 9, 1929 (P.L.177, No.175), known as The Administrative Code of 1929, further providing for gubernatorial appointments.
- B. 748 (Argall): An Act amending Title 75 (Vehicles) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, in general provisions relating to operation of vehicles, further providing for obedience to authorized persons directing traffic; and providing for drivers of certified escort vehicles; in other required equipment, further providing for identification of certain vehicles; and, in size, weight and load, further providing for scope and application of chapter and for conditions of permits and security for damages.
- Senator Argall will provide the Committee with an overview of S.B. 748.
- B. 868 (Teplitz): An Act designating the section of Pennsylvania Route 849 in Newport, Perry County, as the United States Navy Petty Officer 1st Class A. Louis De Lancey Memorial Highway.
- B. 890 (Blake): An Act designating the bridge carrying State Route 6011 over Roaring Brook in the City of Scranton, Lackawanna County, as the Colonel Frank Duffy Memorial Bridge.
- B. 894 (Scavello): An Act designating the bridge on that portion of State Route 940 over Tobyhanna Creek (Pocono Lake) in Tobyhanna Township, Monroe County, as the Sullivan Bridge.
- B. 501 (M.K. Keller): An Act designating the Conodoguinet Bridge on that portion of State Route 641 over the Conodoguinet Creek, Hopewell Township, Cumberland County, as the Army Private First Class Harold “Sam” E. Barrick Memorial Bridge.
- B. 629 (Mullery): An Act designating a bridge on that portion of State Route 3005 over the outlet of Lily Lake, Conyngham Township, Luzerne County, as the Senior Officer Eric J. Williams Memorial Bridge.
- B. 866 (Wheeland): An Act designating a portion of State Route 15 in Lycoming County as the Kelly Rae Mertes DUI Awareness Memorial Highway.