Senate Labor and Industry Committee
Tuesday, February 23, 2021 | 11:30 a.m.
Senate Chamber and Virtual Participation
- SB 69 (Langerholc) – Establishes the Recovery to Work program to provide individuals in recovery from addiction with career development opportunities and exposure to high-priority and in-demand occupations and interview and soft skills training and to provide Local Workforce Development Boards with funding to support program and business partners in implementing pilot programs.
- SB 147 (Langerholc) – Requires employers who have a certified safety committee as part of their Workers’ Compensation program to include information about the risks associated with the use of opioids.
- SB 168 (Hughes) – Adds “forward-facing employment data” as a criteria to be used by the Department of Labor and Industry when identifying industry clusters and targeted industry clusters and imposes additional requirements on the Department for producing and disseminating employment data.
- SB 191 (J. Ward) – Excludes historic agricultural buildings used for weddings, receptions and similar social events from the requirements of the Pennsylvania Construction Code Act so long as certain safety conditions are met.
- HB 157 (Fee) – Repeals Act 109 of 1978, which established the Milrite Council. Act 109 provided for a limited duration of the council, which terminated at the end of 1994.