Senate Transportation Committee
Tuesday, January 24, 2017
Room 8 E-B
The Senate Transportation Committee will meet to consider the following legislation:
- S.B. 170 (Rafferty): Amends Act 200 of 1931 (referred to as the Delaware River Compact with New Jersey) to establish comprehensive governance reforms at the Delaware River Port Authority.
- S.B. 171 (Rafferty): Amends Act 175 of 1929 (referred to as the Administrative Code) to allow a majority of the Senate to confirm the gubernatorial appointment of the Chief Executive Officer of the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission.
- S.B. 172 (Argall and Schwank): Amends Title 75 (Vehicles) to establish a five-year pilot program on Automated Speed Enforcement Systems in active work areas on interstates under the jurisdiction of the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation and interstates and freeways under the jurisdiction of the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission.
Immediately following the meeting, the Senate Transportation Committee will hold a hearing on “Winter Preparedness and Modernization” and will receive testimony from the following:
- Pennsylvania Department of Transportation
- George McAuley, Deputy Secretary for Highway Administration
- Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission
- Craig Shuey, Chief Operating Officer
- Pennsylvania State Association of Township Supervisors
- Elam Herr, Assistant Executive Director