HARRISBURG – The Senate Labor and Industry Committee will host a public hearing on Tuesday, January 28, 2020 in Harrisburg to gather testimony on Senate Bill 580, legislation introduced by Senator Dan Laughlin (R-49). The bill would establish the Pennsylvania Family and Medical Leave Insurance Act. The hearing is scheduled for 10 a.m. in Room 8E-B of the Capitol Building’s East Wing.
“There have been ongoing discussions at the national level and in many states about establishing paid family leave programs,” said Senator Camera Bartolotta (R-46), Chair of the Senate Labor and Industry Committee.
“Congress recently enacted the Federal Employee Paid Leave Act,” Bartolotta added. “The law allows federal employees to take up to 12 weeks of paid leave in connection with the birth, adoption or foster care placement of a child. Some states have also enacted legislation to create state paid family leave insurance programs. This hearing will provide an opportunity for stakeholders to provide feedback on this Pennsylvania paid family and medical leave proposal.”
- Rich Garland, Founder and Owner, Garland Insurance Agency and Garland Management
- Joanne Grossi, State President, AARP Pennsylvania
- Betsy Hawley, Executive Director, Pediatric Palliative Care Coalition
- Tim Martin, Director of Client Experience, Veterans Leadership Program
- Alex Halper, Director of Government Affairs, Pennsylvania Chamber of Business & Industry
- Sam Marshall, President & CEO, Insurance Federation of Pennsylvania
- Rebecca Oyler, Legislative Director, National Federation of Independent Business – Pennsylvania
- Kelly Martini, Policy Director, Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry
- Julia Grubbs, Executive Policy Specialist, Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry
Video and testimony will be available following the hearing at https://laborindustry.pasenategop.com/.
CONTACT: Eric Kratz (717) 787-1463