HARRISBURG – Sen. Pat Stefano (R-32) and Sen. Katie Muth (D-44), chairs of the Pennsylvania Senate Veterans Affairs and Emergency Preparedness Committee, are hosting a Roundtable Discussion with female veterans about their military experience on Monday, Nov. 1, from 1-3 p.m. at Fort Indiantown Gap, Building #8-63 (Counter Drug Classroom), located on Trooper Street in Annville (Lebanon County).
The roundtable will highlight how a military background can prepare women for future leadership roles. There will also be discussion about the opportunities and challenges for females in a historically male-dominated field.
Participants will include federal, state, county, and local veterans, including:
- Congresswoman Chrissy Houlahan (D-6)
- Stacy Garrity, State Treasurer
- Adjutant General Mark Schindler
- Former Adjutant General Jessica Wright
- Maureen Weigl, Deputy Adjutant General for Veterans Affairs
- State Rep. Nancy Guenst (D-152)
- State Rep. Natalie Mihalek (R-40)
- State Rep. Tracy Pennycuick (R-147)
- Judge Cheryl Austin, Montgomery County Court of Common Pleas
- Lisa Kaye, Director of Monroe County Director Veterans Affairs
CONTACTS: Nathan Silcox, 717-787-7175, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeff Cavanaugh, 610-792-2137, Jeffrey.Cavanaugh@pasenate.com