Promoting fiscally responsible funding and 21st century academic standards.
- Senate Passes Bill to Expand Job Training Opportunities and Protect Students November 18, 2019
- Senate Education Committee Approves Martin Bill to Protect Student Sexual Assault Victims October 29, 2019
- Senate Education Panel to Exam Issues Involving Food in Pennsylvania Schools September 20, 2019
- HIGHER EDUCATION FUNDING COMMISSION ORGANIZES AND BEGINS WORK August 28, 2019
- SPECIAL EDUCATION FUNDING COMMISSION RECONSTITUTED August 27, 2019
- Langerholc Chairs Senate Hearing on Charter School Funding August 14, 2019
- SENATOR BROWNE CALLS FOR SPECIAL SESSION ON CHARTER SCHOOL FUNDING August 13, 2019
- Senators Hughes, Browne tout early returns on Safe2Say Something program following release of annual report August 5, 2019
- Senator Martin, PASSHE Board Votes for State System Tuition Freeze July 11, 2019
- Regan’s School Safety and Security Legislation Signed by Governor July 2, 2019
- Regan School Safety and Security Legislation Achieves Final Passage, Goes to Governor for Signature June 27, 2019
- Senate Approves School Safety Measures, New Resources for Students Facing Extended Absences June 27, 2019
- House sends Phillips-Hill’s flexible instructional day option for schools to Gov. Wolf’s desk June 24, 2019
- Proposal to Revise Educator Evaluation System Introduced June 13, 2019
- Joint, bipartisan Senate Policy Committee to study possible school district consolidation June 12, 2019
- Senate Passes Regan School Safety and Security Legislation June 11, 2019
- House Education Committee Approves Martin’s Telepresence Education Proposal June 10, 2019
- Killion CPR Education Bill Presented To Governor June 4, 2019
- Senate Approves Legislation to Boost Interest in Career and Technical Education May 8, 2019
- Senate Approves Martin’s Telepresence Education Proposal to Help Homebound Students April 9, 2019
- McGarrigle Bill Providing Alternatives to Keystone Exam Graduation Requirements Set for Enactment October 16, 2018
- Corman Urges Governor to Quickly Sign Timothy J. Piazza Antihazing Law October 15, 2018
- AG, Senators to Offer Update on Safe2Say Implementation October 1, 2018
- Killion CPR Bill Passes Senate September 25, 2018
- New “Speak Out for Safe Schools” Statewide Video Competition Encourages Students to Share Safety Ideas September 12, 2018
- Legislation Would Help Students Facing Extended School Absences September 12, 2018
- New School Safety Grant Guidelines, Deadline Announced September 10, 2018
- Senator Mike Regan Announces School Safety Initiatives as part of State Budget June 22, 2018
- Senate Sends Comprehensive School Safety Measure to Governor’s Desk June 22, 2018
- Senate Approves McGarrigle Bill Offering Students Alternatives to Keystone Exam Graduation Requirements June 22, 2018
- Senate Approves National Guard Youth Challenge Program June 19, 2018
- Aument Calls for Changes to CTE Teacher Certification Requirements April 5, 2018
- Martin and Mensch Call For Comprehensive Safety Review of PA Schools March 27, 2018
- Corman: Senate Judiciary Committee Unanimously Approves the Timothy J. Piazza Antihazing Law March 27, 2018
- Corman, Tim Piazza Family Unveil Groundbreaking Legislation to Strengthen PA Antihazing Laws March 23, 2018
- Regan Briefs Senate Panel on Measures Needed To Enhance School Safety and Security in PA March 2, 2018
- Torsella and Gordner Announce Keystone Scholars Program Legislation February 26, 2018
- Senate Passes Greenleaf’s Legislation Bringing National Guard Youth Challenge Program to Pennsylvania January 31, 2018
- Senate Approves National Guard Youth Challenge Program January 29, 2018
- Act 2 of 2017 provides immunity from lawsuits to school bus drivers and crossing guards who administer an epinephrine auto-injector, or “epi-pen,” to assist a student who is experiencing an allergic reaction.
- Act 6 of 2017 provides career and technical education students with additional options to meet state graduation requirements.
- Senate Bill 383 (White) gives school boards the option of allowing licensed and trained staff to carry firearms on school property.
- Senate Bill 592 (Stefano) requires school boards to publicly disclose employment information before hiring a district superintendent, assistant district superintendent or principal.
- Senate Resolution 34 (Argall) requires the Legislative Budget and Finance Committee (LBFC) to study the future and sustainability of the 14 state-owned universities across the state.
|Senate Education Committee
Basic Education Funding Commission
PA School Performance Profile
Safe Schools Report