Working to make health care safe and affordable.
- Legislation Establishing Moratorium on Proposed Closure of Polk and White Haven State Centers Passes House Health Committee December 17, 2019
- Bartolotta, Laughlin Introduce Bill to Preserve Access to Ventilator Services December 3, 2019
- Scavello Bill Raising Age for Tobacco Purchases from 18 to 21 Set for Enactment November 21, 2019
- Senate Sends Opioid Treatment Agreement Bill to Governor’s Desk November 21, 2019
- Senate Approves Down Syndrome Protection Act November 20, 2019
- Senate Approves Martin’s Bill Providing New Resources to Fight Pediatric Cancer November 19, 2019
- Senate Approves Legislation to Delay Polk Center Closure November 18, 2019
- Senate Approves Bill to Increase Access to Psychology Services November 18, 2019
- Senate Unanimously Supports Martin Bill to Reauthorize PA Health Care Cost Containment Council October 30, 2019
- Senate Approves Vogel Bill Promoting Telemedicine in Pennsylvania October 30, 2019
- Peyton’s Law Passes the Senate Unanimously October 30, 2019
- Senate Approves Mensch Bill Overhauling Older Adult Protective Services Act October 29, 2019
- Senate Approves Ward Bill to Protect Health Care Practitioners and Technicians October 28, 2019
- Senate Panel Passes Martin’s Bill Providing New Resources for Pediatric Cancer Research October 23, 2019
- Senate Panel Hears Testimony on the Need to Provide New Resources for Pediatric Cancer Research September 25, 2019
- Committee Plans to Explore Martin’s Pediatric Cancer Tax Credit Bill September 23, 2019
- Committee discusses critical role of high-speed internet in healthcare, emergency response September 3, 2019
- Martin’s Telepresence Education Proposal Unanimously Passes the House June 20, 2019
- Senate Passes Bartolotta’s Bill Authorizing Full Practice Authority for Nurse Practitioners June 12, 2019
- Committee Approves Ward’s New Protections for Stage IV Cancer Patients June 12, 2019
- Killion CPR Education Bill Presented To Governor June 4, 2019
- Donate Life PA Act Signed by Governor October 23, 2018
- Scavello Bill to Fund Spinal Cord Disability Research Set for Enactment October 22, 2018
- Lead Testing Bill Passes Senate Health and Human Services Committee October 16, 2018
- Mensch Measure Recognizing October 13 as “Metastatic Breast Cancer Awareness Day” Adopted by Senate October 2, 2018
- Reviving The Role Of Rural Hospitals In Improving Community Health August 20, 2018
- Governor Signs Killion’s Mental Health Provider Bill July 2, 2018
- Governor Signs Martin Bill into Law Encouraging Private Donations to Fight Pediatric Cancer June 29, 2018
- Bill Encouraging Private Donations to Fight Pediatric Cancer Receives Final Approval June 25, 2018
- Bill to Broaden Access to Epinephrine Heads to House June 22, 2018
- New Law Will Allow Hospice Workers To Dispose Of Unused Prescription Drugs June 21, 2018
- Op-ed: Nurse Practitioners Hold Key to Expanding Access to Quality Care April 4, 2018
- Baker Bill Would Aid Disabled Voters March 28, 2018
- Senate Honors “American Red Cross Month” March 19, 2018
- Public Hearing to Consider Nominations and Confirmations of Teresa Miller, Jennifer Smith and Rachel Levine March 16, 2018
- Emergency Prescription Refill Bill Signed Into Law February 20, 2018
- Committee Approves Vogel Bill Promoting Telemedicine in Pennsylvania January 30, 2018
- Act 4 of 2017 improves care for stroke victims by adding acute stroke-ready hospitals and comprehensive stroke centers to the provisions of the Primary Stroke Center Recognition Act.
- Senate Bill 3 (Brooks) amends the Abortion Control Act to reduce the maximum gestational age for legal abortions from 24 to 20 weeks and prohibits dismemberment abortion.
- Senate Bill 446 (McGarrigle) establishes standards and criteria for the operation of addiction recovery houses.
- Senate Bill 662 (Bartolotta) strengthens penalties on drug dealers for the delivery or distribution of an illicit drug that results in serious bodily injury to the user.
- Senate Bill 25 (Bartolotta) gives full practice authority to Advanced Practice Registered Nurses.
|Senate Public Health and Welfare Committee
PA Health Department