Working to make health care safe and affordable.
- Donate Life PA Act Signed by Governor October 23, 2018
- Scavello Bill to Fund Spinal Cord Disability Research Set for Enactment October 22, 2018
- Lead Testing Bill Passes Senate Health and Human Services Committee October 16, 2018
- Mensch Measure Recognizing October 13 as “Metastatic Breast Cancer Awareness Day” Adopted by Senate October 2, 2018
- Reviving The Role Of Rural Hospitals In Improving Community Health August 20, 2018
- Governor Signs Killion’s Mental Health Provider Bill July 2, 2018
- Governor Signs Martin Bill into Law Encouraging Private Donations to Fight Pediatric Cancer June 29, 2018
- Bill Encouraging Private Donations to Fight Pediatric Cancer Receives Final Approval June 25, 2018
- Bill to Broaden Access to Epinephrine Heads to House June 22, 2018
- New Law Will Allow Hospice Workers To Dispose Of Unused Prescription Drugs June 21, 2018
- Op-ed: Nurse Practitioners Hold Key to Expanding Access to Quality Care April 4, 2018
- Baker Bill Would Aid Disabled Voters March 28, 2018
- Senate Honors “American Red Cross Month” March 19, 2018
- Public Hearing to Consider Nominations and Confirmations of Teresa Miller, Jennifer Smith and Rachel Levine March 16, 2018
- Emergency Prescription Refill Bill Signed Into Law February 20, 2018
- Committee Approves Vogel Bill Promoting Telemedicine in Pennsylvania January 30, 2018
- Governor Signs Yaw Epilepsy Exclusion Bill December 22, 2017
- Senate Panel Approves Bartolotta Bill To Improve Access to Mental Health Treatment October 17, 2017
- Lawmakers, Family Groups Stand Up Against Abortion of Babies with Down Syndrome September 19, 2017
- Donate Life PA Act Passes Senate June 21, 2017
- Department of Health: Hospital and Healthsystem Preparedness June 8, 2017
- Senate Approves Full Practice Authority for Nurse Practitioners April 26, 2017
- Proposal Advances to Provide Early Intervention for Postpartum Depression April 25, 2017
- McIlhinney Resolution Recognizes Efforts of Amputees April 19, 2017
- Senate Panel Endorses Full Practice Authority for Nurse Practitioners April 18, 2017
- Sen. Yaw, Rep. Cutler Introduce Legislation to Represent Patients’ Wishes for End-of-Life Care April 18, 2017
- Senator Martin Proposes Plan to Reduce Medicaid Costs, Improve Patient Outcomes April 10, 2017
- Op-ed: Medicaid Reform is What the Doctor Ordered March 31, 2017
- McIlhinney Bill Would Expand Treatment Options for Terminally Ill Patients March 28, 2017
- State could save millions annually in health costs March 21, 2017
- Bartolotta Bill Would Expand Practice Authority for Nurses February 15, 2017
- Sen. Scavello, Rep. Hahn Joined by Families, Advocates to Announce Spinal Cord Disability Research Legislation February 8, 2017
- Bartolotta, Schwank Reintroduce Postpartum Depression Proposal January 31, 2017
- Act 4 of 2017 improves care for stroke victims by adding acute stroke-ready hospitals and comprehensive stroke centers to the provisions of the Primary Stroke Center Recognition Act.
- Senate Bill 3 (Brooks) amends the Abortion Control Act to reduce the maximum gestational age for legal abortions from 24 to 20 weeks and prohibits dismemberment abortion.
- Senate Bill 446 (McGarrigle) establishes standards and criteria for the operation of addiction recovery houses.
- Senate Bill 662 (Bartolotta) strengthens penalties on drug dealers for the delivery or distribution of an illicit drug that results in serious bodily injury to the user.
- Senate Bill 25 (Bartolotta) gives full practice authority to Advanced Practice Registered Nurses.
|Senate Public Health and Welfare Committee
PA Health Department