Working to make state government more efficient and transparent.
- Martin Proposes Reforms to Property Tax Collection System February 15, 2018
- Folmer, Vulakovich Introduce Civil Service Reform February 12, 2018
- DiSanto Bill Expanding Public Employee Pension Forfeiture Act Approved by Senate January 30, 2018
- Senate Declines to Take Action on Gov. Wolf’s Nominee to Head Labor & Industry January 30, 2018
- Wagner, DiSanto and Brooks Propose to Count, Cap, Cut State Regulations January 25, 2018
- Wagner Launches ‘Scissors Out’ Website to Identify Excessive Regulations January 3, 2018
- Senators Introduce Zero-Based Budget Reform Initiative November 27, 2017
- Senator Martin: Wolf’s Veto Prevents Millions in Human Services Cost Savings October 20, 2017
- Eichelberger, Bloom Call for Limited Constitutional Convention to Reform State Government October 17, 2017
- Legislators to Call for Action on Limited Constitutional Convention Bill October 16, 2017
- State Inspector General Legislation Sent to Governor July 10, 2017
- Senate Budget Plan Holds Line on Spending, Boosts Support for Schools June 30, 2017
- SB 8 (Asset Forfeiture Reform) Signed into Law as Act 13 June 29, 2017
- Senate Approves Bipartisan Clean Slate Legislation June 28, 2017
- Bipartisan Clean Slate Legislation Nears Senate Vote June 20, 2017
- Bipartisan policy forum to focus on reform, elimination of school property taxes June 19, 2017
- Op-ed: Pension Reform Stops the Bleeding in State, School District Budgets June 14, 2017
- Senate Passes Aument Measure to Promote Independence of Office of Inspector General June 14, 2017
- Senate Approves DiSanto Bill to Prohibit Costly Regulations without Legislative Approval June 14, 2017
- Op-Ed: State’s New Pension Law Strikes Right Balance for Reform June 13, 2017
- Clean State Legislation Clears Senate Judiciary Committee June 6, 2017
- Senate Leaders Hail Passage of Historic Pension Reform Bill June 5, 2017
- Senate Bill 1 – Pension Reform June 5, 2017
- Langerholc Leads Pension Reform Effort in Senate June 4, 2017
- Senate Passes Greenleaf Legislation to Merge Dept. of Corrections and Board of Probation and Parole May 24, 2017
- DiSanto Bill to Prohibit Costly Regulations without Legislative Approval Advances May 10, 2017
- Senate Passes SB 8 (Asset Forfeiture Reform) April 26, 2017
- Legislators Outline Bills to Hold Regulators Accountable April 26, 2017
- Senate Committee Endorses Collective Bargaining Transparency Measures April 25, 2017
- Senate Panel Approves Stefano Bill to Increase Transparency in Collective Bargaining Agreements April 25, 2017
- DiSanto Introduces Bill to Strengthen Public Employee Pension Forfeiture Act April 19, 2017
- DiSanto Bill Would Prohibit Costly Regulations without Legislative Approval March 28, 2017
- Senate Approves Senator Laughlin’s Lobbyist Disclosure Bill March 22, 2017
- DiSanto Tax Limitation Bill Makes it More Difficult to Raise State Taxes March 7, 2017
- Report paves way to reduce overtime cost at state prisons, save tax dollars, Argall says February 28, 2017
- SB 7 (Taxpayer Protection Act) February 7, 2017
- Senate Passes Senator Mensch’s Performance Based Budgeting Bill February 7, 2017
- Senate Passes DRPA Reform Bill with Bipartisan Support February 6, 2017
- Senate Committee Votes to reform Pennsylvania’s Asset Forfeiture Law January 31, 2017
- Senator Mensch Re-Introduces Performance Based Budgeting Bill January 25, 2017
- Scavello, Scarnati Introduce Measure To Modernize PA History Code, Preserve Items January 24, 2017
- Act 5 of 2017 (Corman) reforms state public pensions to save more than $5 billion and shield taxpayers from $20 billion or more in additional liabilities.
- Act 13 of 2017(Folmer) reforms state law regarding the seizure and forfeiture of property.
- Act 28 of 2017 (Gordner) stipulates that township supervisors shall not hold any other elective township office or appointed position in the township that is prohibited by state law.
- Act 29 of 2017 (Aument) creates an independent Office of Inspector General and gives Pennsylvania’s top fraud, waste and abuse investigator more authority.
- Senate Bill 6 (Regan) establishes the Public Assistance Integrity Act to eradicate waste, fraud, and abuse within the state Public Welfare Code.
- Senate Bill 166 (Eichelberger) prevents the taxpayer-funded collection of money for government union political activity.
- Senate Bill 169 (Laughlin) requires lobbyists to register and file reports electronically through a computerized system developed by the Pennsylvania Department of State.
- Senate Bill 170 (Rafferty) requires comprehensive reform measures at the Delaware River Port Authority.
- Senate Bill 181 (Mensch) implements Performance Based Budgeting to require justification of state government spending.
- Senate Bill 522 and Senate Bill 523 (Greenleaf) merge the Department of Corrections and the Board of Probation and Parole as the Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.
- Senate Bill 529 (Wagner) provides those with low-level, nonviolent criminal records a mechanism to have their record sealed from public view.
- Senate Bill 561 (DiSanto) requires the approval of the General Assembly and the Governor for all new regulations with an economic impact or cost exceeding $1 million to the Commonwealth, its political subdivisions, and the private sector.
- House Bill 1285 proposes to amend the state constitution to increase the allowable homestead exclusion to 100 percent to effectively eliminate school property taxes.
|PA Open Government – The first stop in searching state contracts, lobbyist disclosures, campaign finance and more.
Your Right to Know – How to use Pennsylvania’s Right-to-Know Law.