Providing law enforcement with the tools to ensure safe communities.
- Senate Approves New Protections for Domestic Violence Victims July 8, 2017
- Legislators Propose Comprehensive State Government IT and Cybersecurity Overhaul July 7, 2017
- Senate Approves Baker Bill To Increase Public Safety By Expanding PA One Call June 21, 2017
- After Action Assessment of the Eric Frein Manhunt June 9, 2017
- Governor’s Proposed Municipal Fee for State Police Coverage June 7, 2017
- Joint Hearing on the Statewide Radio System June 6, 2017
- Senate Passes Reschenthaler Bill To Strengthen Penalties For Threatening Law Enforcement Officers and Families May 24, 2017
- Senate Unanimously Approves Senator Mensch’s Resolution to Review How PA Accounts For And Analyzes Forensic Evidence Kits (Rape Kits) May 24, 2017
- Senate Panel Approves Stefano Measure To Provide Financial Assistance To Volunteer Firefighters, EMTs May 24, 2017
- Rafferty, Sabatina Hold News Conference To Focus Attention On Efforts to Combat Distracted Driving May 22, 2017
- Public hearing on SB 258 (Contracting with State Police for local coverage) May 18, 2017
- Police Worn Body Camera Legislation Clears Senate May 10, 2017
- Measure Calling for Fire/EMS Review Receives Final Approval April 27, 2017
- Senate Passes Langerholc’s First Bill, Protecting Basic Firearms Rights April 26, 2017
- Legislation to Protect Child Victims of Human Trafficking Passes Senate April 25, 2017
- Senators Outline Measures to Support Police April 25, 2017
- Martin Introduces Bill Targeting Repeat DUI Offenders April 20, 2017
- Senate Approves “Reboot” of SR 60 January 31, 2017
- Sen. Langerholc to Introduce Legislation to Protect Responsible Gun Owners January 25, 2017
- Senate committees to review possible state prison closures January 11, 2017
- Corman: Prison Closure Announcement Signals Success of 2012 Initiatives to Address Overcrowding and Reduce Costs, but Questions Remain January 6, 2017
- Act 3 of 2017 (Ward) gives residents the option to get a state driver’s license or photo ID card that meets security requirements imposed by the federal REAL ID law.
- Act 20 of 2017 (Rafferty) increases fines and suspends the licenses of repeat offenders of Pennsylvania’s “Steer Clear” law.
- Act 22 of 2017 (Greenleaf) allows police officers to use body-worn cameras to record statements and actions at a crime scene.
- Act 30 of 2017 (Rafferty) provides for chemical testing and other measures related to driving after imbibing alcohol or using drugs.
- Senate Bill 5 (Langerholc) prevents local jurisdictions from imposing firearms ordinances more restrictive than laws passed by the General Assembly.
- Senate Bill 10 (Reschenthaler) requires municipalities to report illegal immigrants who are arrested and pose a danger to Pennsylvania communities and residents.
- Senate Bill 242 (Baker) transfers enforcement authority for the Pennsylvania One Call System from the Department of Labor and Industry to the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission.
- Senate Bill 449 (Bartolotta) allows Magisterial District Judges to use a risk assessment tool when determining bail in domestic violence cases.
- Senate Bill 510 (Reschenthaler) increases the penalty for threating law enforcement officers, sheriffs or members of their family.
- Senate Resolution 6 (Vulakovich) updates the comprehensive study of fire and EMS issues completed in 2004.
- Senate Resolution 75 (Mensch) directs a review how Pennsylvania accounts for and analyzes forensic evidence kits (rape kits).
|Pennsylvania State Police
Office of Homeland Security