Promoting fiscally responsible funding and 21st century academic standards.
- Regan Briefs Senate Panel on Measures Needed To Enhance School Safety and Security in PA March 2, 2018
- Torsella and Gordner Announce Keystone Scholars Program Legislation February 26, 2018
- Senate Passes Greenleaf’s Legislation Bringing National Guard Youth Challenge Program to Pennsylvania January 31, 2018
- Senate Approves National Guard Youth Challenge Program January 29, 2018
- Bill Securing $14M in Recurring Funding for Erie Schools Sent to Governor October 24, 2017
- Senate Approves Greenleaf Bill to Make PHEAA Grants for Distance Education Permanent October 17, 2017
- Eichelberger Calls on U.S. Education Secretary to Respond to PA’s Requested Changes in Every School Succeeds Act Plan October 5, 2017
- Senator DiSanto Announces Education Savings Account Legislation to Provide Opportunity for at-risk Students August 8, 2017
- Rafferty, Dinniman Bill Requiring Civics Education Passes Senate Committee June 30, 2017
- Senate Approves Senator White’s School Safety Bill (VIDEO) June 28, 2017
- Alternative Solutions to our Existing School Property Tax System June 22, 2017
- Senate Approves Stefano Bill to Increase School Hiring Transparency June 19, 2017
- Graduation Requirements as Tools for Evaluation and Accountability June 5, 2017
- Keystone Exams and the Use of Graduation Requirements June 2, 2017
- Stefano Bill To Increase School Hiring Transparency Approved by Senate Appropriations Committee May 23, 2017
- Empowering Parents and Supporting Students to Succeed through Education Savings Accounts May 18, 2017
- Current practices and issues in pupil transportation May 12, 2017
- Erie Public Schools and the Implementation of Financial Watch & Recovery System May 11, 2017
- PLANCON COMMITTEE TO HOLD HEARING IN LEHIGH VALLEY May 3, 2017
- Senate Panel Endorses Stefano Bill To Increase Transparency in School Hiring Decisions April 19, 2017
- Senate approves Argall’s resolution requiring independent study of state-owned universities April 18, 2017
- Act 2 of 2017 provides immunity from lawsuits to school bus drivers and crossing guards who administer an epinephrine auto-injector, or “epi-pen,” to assist a student who is experiencing an allergic reaction.
- Act 6 of 2017 provides career and technical education students with additional options to meet state graduation requirements.
- Senate Bill 383 (White) gives school boards the option of allowing licensed and trained staff to carry firearms on school property.
- Senate Bill 592 (Stefano) requires school boards to publicly disclose employment information before hiring a district superintendent, assistant district superintendent or principal.
- Senate Resolution 34 (Argall) requires the Legislative Budget and Finance Committee (LBFC) to study the future and sustainability of the 14 state-owned universities across the state.
|Senate Education Committee
Basic Education Funding Commission
PA School Performance Profile
Safe Schools Report