Crafting policies that support families, promote child safety and ensure stable communities.
- Senate Approves Senator White’s Bill Restoring “Standing” for Grandparents December 13, 2017
- Lawmakers, Family Groups Stand Up Against Abortion of Babies with Down Syndrome September 19, 2017
- Senate Passes Bartolotta’s Bill Targeting Drug Dealers June 28, 2017
- Lawmakers Unveil Legislation Creating Trust Fund for Youth Impacted by Prison System June 21, 2017
- Senate Approves McGarrigle, Yaw Bill to Set Standards for PA Addiction Recovery Houses June 21, 2017
- Senate Panel Endorses Bartolotta’s Bill Targeting Drug Dealers June 6, 2017
- Committee Votes to Set Standards for PA Addiction Recovery Houses June 5, 2017
- Senate Panel Approves Tierne’s Law to Protect Domestic Violence Victims May 9, 2017
- To focus on issues relating to grandparents finding themselves as sole caregivers of children due to the heroin/opioid crisis May 5, 2017
- Senator Yaw Joins Governor for Ceremonial Bill Signing of Opioid Measures May 1, 2017
- Senator Eichelberger’s Priorities Bill Passes Senate Committee April 26, 2017
- Legislation to Protect Child Victims of Human Trafficking Passes Senate April 25, 2017
- Senators Unveil Bills to Strengthen PA’s Protection From Abuse Laws March 28, 2017
- Republican Senators to Introduce Proposals to Strengthen Pennsylvania Protection from Abuse (PFA) Laws March 24, 2017
- Bartolotta Introduces Tierne’s Law to Protect Domestic Violence Victims February 27, 2017
- Bartolotta Bill Would Modernize Opioid Addiction Treatment in PA February 22, 2017
- Senate Approves McGarrigle Bill to Strengthen PA Equal Pay Law February 8, 2017
- Senate Passes Abortion Control Act Reform Legislation February 8, 2017
- Greenleaf Re-introduces Legislation to Protect Child Victims of Human Trafficking January 25, 2017
- Act 12 of 2017 establishes the crime of Endangering the Welfare of a Child to reflect the degree of risk and the age of the child victim in the penalty grading.
- Senate Bill 261 (Scarnati) eliminates the statute of limitations for child sex abuse crimes and gives victims additional time to file civil actions against their abuser.
- Senate Bill 554 (Greenleaf) requires that sexually exploited children be diverted from the criminal justice system to more appropriate human services.