Protecting Pennsylvania’s natural resources and securing reliable energy sources.
- Governor Signs Bills to Protect Energy-Related Jobs June 23, 2016
- Bartolotta Bill Would Improve DEP Erosion and Sediment Control Permitting Process June 16, 2016
- Senate Approves Bill Protecting Conventional Oil/Gas Production in PA June 15, 2016
- Senate Poised to Approve a Bill to Protect Energy-Related Jobs June 7, 2016
- Yaw Resolution Designates Chesapeake Bay Awareness Week May 9, 2016
- Committee Approves Bills to Protect Energy Related Jobs April 12, 2016
- Senate Approves Scavello Bill Boosting Littering Fines April 6, 2016
- Stefano Introduces Senate Resolution to Delay DEP Plan to Fast-Track EPA Mandate on Power February 2, 2016
- Panel Approves Regulation Ending “Summer” Gasoline Mandate December 10, 2015
- Greenleaf News Conference on Legislation to Expand the State’s Natural Gas Infrastructure October 13, 2015
- Act 47 of 2015 (Bartolotta) reduces the use of fresh water in oil and gas drilling operations by allowing the use of treated mine water.
- Act 52 of 2016 (Hutchinson) protects the conventional oil and gas production industry from state regulations intended for companies extracting Marcellus Shale gas.
- Act 57 of 2016 (White) protects the jobs of energy-producing workers from overreaching regulations that could come with Pennsylvania’s compliance with the federal coal regulations.
- Senate Bill 147 (Yaw) allows royalty interest owners the opportunity to inspect records of natural gas companies to verify proper payments and requires all royalty payments to be made within 90 days of production.
- Senate Bill 148 (Yaw) prohibits a gas company from retaliating against a royalty interest owner by terminating the lease agreement or ceasing development because a landowner questions the accuracy of the royalty payments.
- Senate Bill 973 (Scavello) increases fines for littering.
|Senate Environmental Resources and Energy Committee
Act 13 Impact Fee Reports