Senate Transportation Committee
Wednesday, June 21, 2107
Room 8 E-B
- Nomination of John N. Wozniak, Cambria County, as Commissioner of the PA Turnpike Commission.
- B. 786 (Rafferty and Sabatina): Amends Title 75 (Vehicles) to create a cell phone ban for novice drivers and to increase the fines for any driver while texting and driving.
- B. 785 (Rafferty): Amends Title 75 (Vehicles) to expand the use of golf carts and low-speed utility vehicles on public highways under certain conditions.
- B. 56 (Greenleaf): Amends Title 75 (Vehicles) to add window tinting to the vehicle safety inspection process and to subject businesses to certain laws if they fail to inform customers of window tinting violations.
- B. 1288 (Marshall): Amends Title 75 (Vehicles) to include optometrists on the list of medical providers for certifying the issuance of a disability plate and placard.
- B. 1219 (Reed): Designates a bridge on that portion of State Route 1012 in Cherryhill Township, Indiana County as the Sgt. Robert Eugene Goodlin Memorial Bridge.
- B. 1431 (Masser): Designates a portion of State Routes 54, 901 and 2023 in Northumberland County and Schuylkill County as the Honorable Robert E. Belfanti, Jr., Memorial Highway.
- Amendment 2155 (Rafferty): This amendment will include the designations in H.B. 108 (Warner), H.B. 109 (Warner), H.B 154 (Tallman), H.B. 181 (Day), H.B. 1411 (Wentling) and a designation from Senator Brooks.
- Amendment ### (Rafferty): This amendment will include the designations in H.B. 199 (Grove), H.B. 269 (Murt) and H.B. 303 (Topper). This amendment may also include H.B. 834 (Marshall).